Thursday, May 5, 2011

little india, singapore:

As I mentioned earlier we made a stop over in Singapore on our way to Istanbul, Turkey. Some people like to bag Singapore as bit of a boring place, but I like it. This was my second visit and Andrew's first. I love how it's a bit of a melting pot of Asia, with a mix of Chinese, Malaysian and also Indian, not to mention other nations. Plus its a cool mix of the old and new architecturally - so there's quite a bit happening.
We had a full day to spend in Singapore and decided to go and explore Little India. We had a lot of fun walking around and taking it all in. We haven't been to India yet - and it is high on the list - so this was the next best thing I guess!

Next: Istanbul, Turkey.


















2 comments:

  1. Hi Gemma,

    Just came across your blog (through Chronicled actually)
    Love it ..the pics are a visual treat.I'm an Indian living in Sydney and was surprised that you haven't been to India cos as a textile designer you will absolutely love it and your partner will love the architecture too.

    My husband and I have a background in garment and accessories exports.

    Sabena

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Sabena! I would LOVE to visit India, and we are planning to do so in the not too distant future. It looks amazing!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...