Tuesday, May 28, 2013

hobart, tasmania:

the derwent valley


Hobart marked the end of our Tasmanian journey. It was a rather nice way to finish the trip, in the state's capital, enjoying all it had to offer. From the historic Salamanca Place, to the innovative and refreshing Museum of Old and New, we made the most of what little time had left. We visited wineries in the Derwent Valley, explored historic Battery Point and finished the day with a quick trip to Clifton Beach where Andy was able to have a quick surf before we flew home. We were both sad to leave, and were once again reminded of how incredibly stunning Australia is, and that we need to get our more and explore our own backyard. 

If you are thinking of visiting Tasmania, do it. 

I'd also like to give a quick shout out to my friend Jenna, who is originally from Hobart, and gave us such amazing tips for our trip! Thanks Jenna, you rock! 






historic battery point










MONA


the most amazing rainbow at clifton beach


andy off to catch some waves





4 comments:

  1. You are more than welcome!! looking forward to our debrief tomorrow evening xx

    (oopsies. Accidentally deleted my comment on my first attempt! silly iphone!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for taking us on a magical ride through Tassie and inspiring me to visit. I forwarded the link to my husband who now knows that travel plans are brewing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh i hope you do end up visiting soon! it's so beautiful. keep an eye out on jetstar specials - we got extremely good fares down and back. happy planning x

      Delete
  3. stunning photos. make me want to pack my suitcase and go :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...