Tuesday, May 21, 2013

freycinet, tasmania:



Wineglass Bay is one of the those famous Australian beaches. Like Whitehaven in Queensland and Cable Beach in Western Australia, it's a bit legendary. Wineglass Bay, along with many other stunning beaches, is located in Freycinet National Park, a couple of hours drive north of Hobart. A 30-minute uphill walk will greet you with a glimpse of  the beach, where you can walk further down to it's white sands. Unfortunately we arrived late afternoon and didn't quite have enough to time to make the return trip to the beach and back before dark. We did, however, mange to complete a couple of smaller walks, before purchasing some locally farmed oysters to snack on while watching the sunset in Coles Bay, looking directly towards 'the Hazards' mountain range. The light and landscape was spectacular and made for on of those bliss moments where everything was just perfect.

next: along the east coast.



wineglass bay











looking towards 'the hazards'

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I've never heard of this place but its so beautiful!

    putting it on my wanderlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am still so sad that the National Park was closed due to all the bushfires when we were there! We stayed in Coles Bay, but couldnt venture into the park. Good reason to return to Tassie soon, its so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just delightful!

    I have been to Tasmania before (I have family there) but am desperate to take my husband with me, I know how much he will enjoy it!

    Such beautiful landscape :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. one of these days I WILL go to Tassie and gorgeous spots such as this one are on my hitlist (along with some good food). Love your photos, especially that one of just water and sky.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...