Sunday, December 9, 2012

christmas 2012:

christmas pom-poms


Can you believe it'll be Christmas in two weeks?! Crazy! Feels just like a few months ago I was sharing my Christmas craftiness from last year. 
So Christmas will be pretty low-key at our place this year. Andy and I are heading to New Zealand to spend time with his family and celebrate Christmas, which is super exciting! I'm counting down the days 'til we're on that jet plane.
But I had to decorate a little and have taken a few photos of our Christmas branch (you may recall it from last year?) and a little garland I made from pine cones. Not super traditional, but way fun. 



the branch, leaning up against the wall


a pine cone garland, above the sideboard








7 comments:

  1. how on earth is that little stick standing up by itself?

    AND mike and i were just talking about going to australia next christmas (if we stay out here another year...seems likely). in that case, i hope our paths cross! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and i think i've said it before, but it bears repeating: your house is just so so lovely.

      Delete
    2. the branch is leaning against the wall slightly (and precariously!).
      that is so exciting about your australian plans!! keep me posted, and if you have any questions or anything, feel free to contact me anytime. we would love to meet you guys! x

      Delete
  2. All looks AMAZING Gemma. I couldn't for the life of me figure out how you got your branch to stand up - good ideas to lean it. Ours is in a vase filled with stones and tips at the lightest touch of a 3-year-old. I'll post pics... but love yours best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! can't wait to see your tree! have a wonderful Christmas!

      Delete
  3. Love the idea of pinning it up with washi tape. As a renter I've been using 3M hooks but this looks like a neat idea.

    ps hello from a new follower! how nice to stumble upon your lovely blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. those 3M hooks are the best! we put them to great too. thanks so much for popping by!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...